1. European Conferences on Earthquake Engineering are organised every four years in a city selected by the EAEE Association Council.
2. Each Member Association can make a bid to organise a European Conference on Earthquake Engineering by filing an application with the Central Office prior to the last EAEE Executive Committee Meeting.
3. The bid should specify the city, the venue of the conference and most probable dates as well as the Chairman of the Organising Committee.
4. The Member Association elected by the Association Council is the sole responsible for the organisation of ECEE.
5. The organisation of the ECEE should at least be composed of Local and International Organising Committees and Scientific Committee. The elected Member Association can establish other committees if they consider necessary.
6. The EAEE Executive Committee members need to be in the International Organising Committee.
7. The Chairman of the ECEE Organising Committee need to make the necessary preparations and notify the EAEE Central Office about the composition of the Local and International Organising Committees and Scientific Committee for the approval of the EAEE Executive Committee.
8. The Local Organising Committee need to prepare the first announcement for the forthcoming ECEE within the two years after the election by the EAEE Association Council.
9. During the Conference the Local Organising Committee need to allocate:
10.The Local Organising Committee need to organise
11.The EAEE Honorary Members need to be exempted from the registration fee for the conference. The EAEE Secretary General and EAEE employees should be exempted from the registration fee for the conference.
12.The conference registration fee needs to be reduced for the individual members of EAEE.
13.The Local Organising Committee need to make the necessary arrangements to have the proceedings published before the conference, preferably with keynote and theme lectures as separate volume in the Springer Book Series on Geotechnical, Geological, and Earthquakes Engineering.
14.The technical sessions may be composed of invited lectures as well as some selected oral presentations.
15.Chairman and/or Second Vice-President report the progress of the ECEE to the EC.
16.The local organiser should provide a free exhibition booth for EAEE.
17.The Organisers of ECEE should support the EAEE budget by donating 1% of the registration fee of all the participants registered fully.